Creating a Learn Course happens in Abre's Curriculum App.
Abre takes a slightly different approach to creating Learn content in the platform. We have three specific apps that address learning:
- Class App: Learning that happens between a teacher and a student (ie the classroom)
- Learn App: Addresses autonomous, asynchronous learning for ALL stakeholders
- Curriculum App: The authoring app for learning that features pacing guides, courses, lessons, and resources.
By centralizing the authoring of learn content in the Curriculum App, Abre allows schools to reuse content in a variety of locations and for a variety of audiences.
Creating a course in Curriculum is the starting point for creating a Learn Course.
Required Abre Permission
In order to create Learn courses, you must have the "Curriculum Administrator" permission enabled. Your local Abre Administrator can adjust your permissions.
1. Create Your Course
- Navigate to the Curriculum App
- Select the "All Courses" tab at the top of your page.
- Select the "Favorite Action Button" / addition symbol (+) in the bottom right-hand corner to create a new course.
2. Name and Course Descriptions
- Give your course a title
- Complete your course description. Your description can have a maximum of 240 characters
- Next, Assign tags, level, and categories.
3. Additional Settings
- Add course editors (if desired). Editors will have access to edit/change the course you build.
- Check "Hide Course" if you'd like it to not be seen under the "All Courses" Tab
- Add an image to serve as the course background
4. Make Available As a Learn Course
- Select "Make course available in the Learn App". This will allow you to build a self-paced learning experience (Learn Course).
- Select "Save" to create your course.
Note: Without this option marked the course is defaulted to be a Curriculum Map