Through the Students App, Staff can create custom Student Groups. These groups might be limited to students in your courses or in your building. "My Groups" in the Students App offers a quick way to monitor student progress across a cohort of students.
Who Might Make Custom Student Groupings?
A wide variety of building-level staff might make custom groupings to support student success. For example:
A classroom teacher might make a group for some students they are mentoring
A school Intervention specialist (IVS) or psychologist could create a group for students on their caseload
An athletic coach may want a means for easily monitoring academic progress of team members
How to Create a Group
- Head to the Students App
- Scroll past the student search bar and My Courses to the My Groups section
- Select Add Group to create a new custom group
- Next, name your student group (an example could be "1st Grade Intervention Group")
- From this point, you are able to "search" for a student and add them to the group you've just created(*Note- You will only be able to add students to your group that you have access to in Abre.)
- Type in your student's names and add them to the group by clicking the addition symbol icon next to their name
- Once you've added all of the students into your group you've just created, click Save in the right-hand corner
- Once saved, you will see the group you've just created back on your student homepage under My Groups